The Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership 'AMiE' helps to meet this need by providing European teachers with inspirational and supportive tools regarding the introduction of mindfulness in pre-primary and primary education (age group 3 to 12). AMiE is unique in that it uses the power of art and creative processes as a starting point for the introduction of mindfulness in a school context. The final conference of the AMiE project will be held in Antwerp.
- 9:00 registration and welcome
- 9:30 Artful Opening Session
- 9:45 Key-note Speaker: Mark Mieras
- 11:00 Overview of the AMiE Project and our learning tools
- 11:30 Lunch Break (lunch is available at the campus cafeteria, not included)
- 13:00 Mindfulness and Arts workshops (3 different workshops, with short breaks in between)
- 15:30 Mindful Music Making and Wrap-up session
- 16:30 Reception - networking
Mark Mieras Creativity, mindfulness and the developing brain (in Dutch with English CC translation)
Students who can direct themselves perform better, have more friends and more success in life. Take a dive into the brain with science writer Mark Mieras and see how art and mindfulness contribute to learning and maturing.
At the conference, the 50 first registered guests will receive a book by Irma Smegen for free.
There is no fee to participate in the conference but registration is required.
Lunch is not included yet can be bought at the campus cafeteria.
AMiE - Arts and Mindfulness in Education | AP Hogeschool