U bent hier


Exchange students

The Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp warmly welcomes Erasmus exchange students to its Music and Dance programmes. We offer a dynamic and internationally oriented environment that allows you to have a high level artistic and interpersonal experience.

Underneath we provide you with all the information necessary to realise your Erasmus exchange at our Conservatoire. In case you still have questions that aren’t answered here, you can contact the Erasmus coordinator at your home institution or contact us directly at international.kca@ap.be.

We strongly recommend that interested student contact their preferred professors at our institutions. Our professors can usually be reached by email: (firstname).(lastname)@ap.be

Application deadline

1st of May (for both winter and spring semester)
All applications must be sent by the Erasmus coordinator of your home institution.

Application dossier

A new procedure is in the making. From January 2018 you can find all information on this page. 

Application assessment

After sending in your application, your recording will be assessed by the artistic leadership of the respective programme. Applications for the Music Departments will then be sent on to the envisaged professor. We strive to provide you with an answer by mid June.

Once accepted, we ask you to confirm your exchange as soon as possible. If we do not have confirmation by the 15th of July, we will no longer consider your application.

Staying at the Conservatoire

Upon arrival, all Erasmus students need to register at the student secretariat immediately. Students staying longer than three months will also have to register as a residential at the city public services. It is our student secretariat that will initiate this registration.

To facilitate this, students should bring:
- Confirmation of your status as an Erasmus student (document from your home institution;
- Valid travel documents:
        o Students from EU member states: valid identity card;
        o Students from outside the EU:
              Residence permit or visa (Visum 'type D' or a student visa: you have to apply for those at the Belgian embassy or consulate in your home country before leaving for Belgium. It is possible that this application takes several months to be processed. It is therefore advised that you start the visa application procedure well in advance.)
- 6 passport-size photographs;
- Health insurance proof.

After registration, students will be issued a student card of the Artesis Plantijn Hogeschool Antwerpen. The student card is needed to prove one's student status, e.g. to borrow a book at the library.

Erasmus exchange students are not required to pay any tuition fees.

Student housing
Exchange students are asked to organise their own housing. The Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp does not have a dorm and we do not provide personal assistance.
Certified student housing is advertised on a well functioning website:
The AP University College has a very limited number of student rooms available at the city center. Please contact the AP student services for these: +32 3 220 54 00.

Student jobs
Student jobs can be found on: